Bobby Martin Young Songwriter’s Competition FAQs
How do I enter the contest?
Download the Entry Form here, complete the document and mail to Heart of Folk, LLC.
- If you’re submitting multiple song entries on a single CD, you must fill out a separate mail-in form for each song. On the form, please specify which track number the song is on the CD.
- The entry fee is $20 per song. There is no limit to the number of songs you can submit.
- If you are submitting songs through Youtube or Vimeo, the link must be provided on the Entry Form.
- Payment must be made by check, certified check or money order. Make checks payable to ‘Heart of Folk, LLC.’
- All submissions must be postmarked by the date of the appropriate deadline listed on the main contest page.
- All mail-in submissions MUST include the mail-in form that’s completed and signed. Click here to download and print.
- Mail submissions via US Postal Service, UPS or FedEx to:
Heart of Folk, LLC
1305 South Collegiate Drive
Wilkesboro, NC 28801
- Thanks and good luck!
How much does it cost to enter?
The cost is $30.00 for the first entry song submitted for consideration. Additional songs are $20.00 each.
What are the deadlines/important dates?
Please click on the ‘Important Dates’ link at the top of this page.
If I am selected to advance to the live performance showcase and competition, do I have to play the same song that I submitted?
Yes. The song that is selected to be judged in the live performance portion of the competition must be performed at the Showcase.
What if I want enter more than one song that are all on the same CD and I’ve decided to enter by mailing in my songs? Do I have to send you multiple packages, or multiple CDs?
No. You can send us one package with the one CD, but it is important that you fill out a mail-in form for each song. On the form, please specify which track number the song is on the CD for each song you’re submitting.
I was selected as a finalist and submitted more than one song. Which song was chosen?
You will be notified which song/songs have been selected for the finals. You may have more than one song selected. If so, you will perform each song selected by the judges.
Question still not answered?
Contact us using the form below: